Relationship Marketing is more important an ever in online relationships, as well as on social media for your marketing. I have updated a blog from 2013 with some new information. The key to engagement is still true, regardless of time.
I am convinced in this ever changing world of social media marketing, that the old saying “slow and steady wins the race” is very true.
I remember the early days of my Virtual Assistant business, and most small business owners believed that we needed to “push” our message out on various platforms. As social media exploded, those platforms were just another avenue to “post” your latest idea, blog or product for sale. The social media arena is quickly changing. So how do we do engage in the most effective way with our ideal client effectively?
Here are a few tips that I have seen work well for many of my clients.
1. Get to KNOW your fans and followers.
- What do they love? What do they LOVE about you?
- Why did they choose to follow you and/or read your blog or comment on your post?
- What is their ULTIMATE goal for their business?
- For Example, on Facebook, be sure to learn how they came to become your fans and be sure to Welcome Them!
2. Find the common thread that you share with them.
- Did they connect with you on Facebook from another platform?
- Are they also followers of your blog?
- How can you best serve that potential client?
- Do they need your advice? Do they need another expert who can better help them?
- What is their “pain point”
- One of the reasons that Pinterest has become such a hot trend in 2012 is because people can truly engage with what “connects” them. It is very interesting.
3. Engage, Engage, Engage
- Engage with your audience
- Thank them when they comment
- Offer insight / expertise
- Suggest solutions to their challenges, etc. as time allows.
- Share material that is a benefit to your audience. (The more time goes on, I am finding that SHARING other people’s content has even more impact).
- On LinkedIn, for example, you can now: click Like to a Post, Share a Post or give a recommendation with “1 click”. These are all ways to engage and let that person know you appreciate and like their information.
4. Be Authentic
- There is a reason that folks are coming to you. Be yourself.
- The fans, clients and supporters who you TRULY engage and relate with, will be your greatest support and source of referrals for years to come.
- For Instance on Twitter: Are you noticing that you are engaging with people who have similar interests? Perhaps you both relate to people with similar industries or interests. Often reviewing popular #hashtags will be a good way to determine this.
- Keep in mind that if you Retweet (RT) or Share someone’s post or tweet, it is an implied endorsement of that information. So be sure you understand what you are sharing.
5. Respond in a Timely Manner
- If you truthfully only have time to engage on 1 social media platform, then perform on that platform with EXCELLENCE.
- In my opinion it is better to hit a “Grand Slam” with one ball, than to strike out with 3 balls.
- If you are most comfortable with Facebook, than start there. Do what works for your time and also your personality. As you get more confident you can expand and learn another social media platform.
6. Give Back
- This is the KEY to true success. Take the time to give back to those who are just starting out or need your advice.
- I remember those who were there for me when I didn’t know anyone. My goal is to offer that same encouragement and support to those who need it, when it is in my power to do so.
- You can do this on each of the platforms by “sharing”, “liking”, “retweeting” or “commenting” on other people’s posts.
7. Be Patient
- Four years after starting my Marketing Strategy and Consulting business I am still reaping from “relationship seeds” that were planted years ago.
- If you honor each fan, follower and contact with excellence, your passion and true character will be seen by all who engage with you.
- True engagement with your audience takes TIME. Truthfully, if you are consistent, you should see results in a few weeks to a few months.
So whether you are on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ or Pinterest be sure you are engaging with your audience in a timely and authentic manner. In my opinion, this is will yield you more benefits than any push marketing campaign.
How About You?
Are you able to effectively engage with your ideal audience? Comment below or contact Angel here.
About the Author
Angel Lebak is the owner of Assistant Angel – Digital and Social Media Managers. Assistant Angel is a virtual marketing team serving clients worldwide since 2009.
Angel’s passion for small business AND the admin/marketers who serve them, is seen in her latest venture: Business Marketing Angels. This monthly membership allows business owners and their admin/marketing team member to get monthly topic training and weekly support for marketing questions they may have.
Angel also offers Marketing Coaching and Consulting for companies on their current online marketing trends. Angel’s reputation precedes her and she is one of the rising voices in the admin and marketing arena. Feel free to contact Angel and her team of marketing ninjas here.